Saturday, March 5, 2011

Going UP!


I don't know why, but I find myself drawn to these type of views of going up to somewhere.  This one was taken at my parents farm in WI.  I grew up staring at this hay elevator for years and years, making sure bales of hay were on there correctly.  I would watch my brother and his friends ride up the hay bales until they would disappear.  I would always hope they would get off before they hit the piece of equipment which was further down on another conveyor that would flip the bales.  This is where this thing sat for most of its career on the farm.  Occasionally it would get hauled behind the barn when we would unload straw and it would also be set by another barn/hay building to unload hay.  

Below is something of the same nature in regards of design.  This photograph was taken at the Chattanooga Aquarium, and I was intrigued by what I saw to a point where the camera was put into position to capture it.


No comments: