Friday, August 28, 2009

Have laptop, will travel....

Indeed I WILL! Thank goodness for the blessing of a laptop!! I am once again rushing to make a deadline of a photo contest offered through the Brentwood Photo club. I read the reminder e-mail that went out two weeks ago. It seemed like I had more time than I did, because it hit me last night, that the image is due TODAY!! I have been taking pictures to submit, now to sort through them and see if any are worthy of submitting.
While I sort in my head, when I am going to have time this afternoon/evening to make a run to the deadline which is ticking away, my mind is also on other things. Things which I have been thinking about this week; I don't know what to expect when it comes to running a photography business. I know how to run an office, how to do event planning, to run an event facility, how to do marketing, how to manage and run and farm or a ranch and a horse training business. As far as running a photography business, in some aspect I know what to do, how to market and what to expect....but for ME to run this on my own; aye, aye, aye!! So-I am in search of the book I lost a year and a half ago. You know what that means right, it will turn up once I have a new one. Oh well....I have two books which have been helping me out so far; a how to write a business plan book, and a start up your business in six weeks book. Now for a how to book on running a photography business to give me some guidance where I need to go-and help me gain perspective on what to expect.

No comments: