Sunday, November 29, 2009

Getting Close to the End of the Year


A shot at fashion photography with a fantastic subject, Samantha was wonderful.  For someone who has no interest in a modeling career, she was curvy, pretty and willing to try anything for the shot. 

I have began to realize of all the thousands of photo's I have, I need to get another group to choose from for my images.  I have dwindled my selection down for this project and need to sit down to sort and re-size my pictures.  Now that I have learned how to use one of my software programs I am hoping to find the time to organize my images.  Hopefully it will also allow me to re-size the images by using my laptop so I can work more quickly.
Tomorrow is the last day of November, 2009, and all too soon there will be less than 30 days left of the year.  I reflect on what I accomplished this year, the opportunities which slipped by, and things I could have done better.  It has been a challenging year for me, with much loss of friendship and heartache which all but destroyed me.  At times I feel I am still recovering.  Thankfully my friends in the south have been good to me, and patient.  It was pointed out to me how much I had been drinking, and how I use to send drunken texts at various hours of the evening.  Some how I have made it through, between sweating in my room to freezing and wrapping up in layers of clothes and at times debating on wearing gloves to work on my desk top.  More recently dealing with a roommate and his "new love" aka his girlfriend and trying to fall asleep only to be awaken by their activities.  Or, even more fun, wanting to sleep in past 8 am and waking up before 7 am to their activities.  I have been looking at finding a different place to live for two months.  Unfortunately, it is an exhausting and overwhelming process which I have slowly going through the paces.  I am in a place which I can afford, and it is safe, yet I don't like being there.  Which makes it difficult when I have an external drive loaded with thousands of images which need work, could be prepared for an exhibit or entered in a contest.  It is also where I would like to prepare documents for marketing or clients, yet cannot seem to bear to tolerate the silly roommate stuff, so I leave to seek quiet.  This process has caused me to get behind on many things and some of my projects.
I have begun to slowly want to have a safe haven, a place of comfort, a place to look forward to returning at the end of the day.  I haven't really had that since that duplex in Onalaska, WI.  Which was before I returned to finish my degree; so that was....2001.  I didn't feel safe in my apt in Oregon, I wasn't crazy but did grow to like the place in Pontotoc, MS.  My apt was ok, but a wee bit out of my budget in Memphis, I didn't have room to invite people over.  When I did, I was embarrassed at my boxes of stuff.  I had forced myself to go through boxes and boxes of my belongings to sort through it, toss it or make use of it.  That was a very long and messy process.  I also had things stolen off my patio which didn't make me feel exactly safe.  I thought I found a wonderful home to purchase in Holly Springs, MS., but something told me to wait a year.  I'm glad I did the way my job worked out, and the way the interest on the loan went, I would have been in a very bad situation.
Now, I am starting to want that safe haven; and if I can make peace with the idea/fact that I will be here in Nashville for a while....maybe I can let my guard down long enough to find such a place.

No comments: