Saturday, October 3, 2009

Posting Number 38

This is picture 38 in my series - it seems like such a small number, and yet, I feel that I've been at this project for quite some time already.  It is October and I am quickly watching the days fill up with activities.  This month seems like it is going to whip by as each weekend is already filled with a schedule.
A gentleman in my photography club mentioned to me that, "if he was as busy as I was he wouldn't know where to start".  This coming from an individual who has quite a full schedule and is on and off the road with photography opportunities or hauling RV trailers across the country.  I am hoping my "busy schedule" will pay off one day down the line for me.  This same person also stated he felt me running for Vice President of the Photography club was a good idea.  He agreed with me that it would be a very good thing to have on my resume this early in my career.  Its nice to have the reassurance that I am on the right track in this field.





I lead an outing today with the Nashville Photography Club to a local Botanical Garden called Cheekwood.  It was another early morning, but many were planning on shooting until 9:30 and then leaving.  This all went well, and ended up heading to a local Mexican Restaurant for lunch.  I figured I would have time to make it to the post office as it was open until 2 pm today.  I needed to get there to ship off the cd of images I took for the re-grand opening of the Brentwood Photography Club.  It was 2:30 when I headed back into town...I will now have to FedEx these images or drop them off.  Thankfully it isn't too big of a deal, but I need to be on top of this stuff a little better as this would not be good if it was for a client.
Above is one of the murals in the Brentwood Photography club, something any horse loving child and adult would fully appreciate.  I think it is beautifully done and there will be thousands of children who will pass by and enjoy it,  It was enjoyable capturing this event, but tiring as well.  There were a lot of activities, many children and expressions to photograph.  I have 141 images to get to the Brentwood Library, hopefully several of them will serve of some use for them.

No comments: