Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cow Series






It isn't everyday you see a cow in a tree!  This is one of my series I have been working on.  Cow started years and years ago with actual Holstein cows.  That is still in progress, but since I don't live on the farm anymore, my endless supply of dairy has dwindled.  This cow series began officially in Jamaica in January 2008.  I took a bunch of my stuffed animals to Jamaica to give away to the children at the Westhaven Childrens home.  I couldn't part with this little heifer.  I began taking her with me to the contruction site, to the swim up bar and she returned to the states with me.  She is an adventurous bovine with the sweetest heart. 
Her official name is Elsie C. Bell  The "C" stands for Cow.  For short, I call her cow.  Its kind of fun, I'll be around people who know about her and my series and they will ask about her.  I hope to make her famous.
Here she is hanging out in tree on a hike to the Narrows of the Harpeth.  I think it felt good to get out and stretch her legs some, she's been laying low for way too long.

No comments: