Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Tuesday

The First Tuesday of each month is the Brentwood Photography Club Meeting.  This evening's topic was of interest to me, because it was about Professionals in the industry.  They choose four club members who are professional photographer's and they spoke about how to get started along with how they stay inspired.  It gave me an opportunity to listen to their experiences and some of their stories.  I discovered that I am not the only one with endless ideas for projects, pictures and series.  It also opened a door for me to become brave enough to approach a couple fellow club members to ask to pick their brain on their experiences and expertise.

Anyways - onward to the real reason we are here!  I attended a book signing on Friday in Nashville, TN.  It was interesting to me in several ways-because as I sat there as an audience member-I kept thinking to myself, "one day this will be me".  I will be on tour from bookstore to bookstore, people will be wanting to read my book. It was also interesting because the author spoke of his process of writing, re-writing the book.
This image is from that night, it was after he performed several pieces which were written in the book he wrote.
One day...that will be me, minus the instrument.

No comments: