Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lazy Sunday

My Sunday has been far from lazy.  I was up until 3 am last night working on re-sizing and organizing images.  I woke up late this morning (afternoon) to return to the process.  I get frustrated at times, all this "prepratory" work to get a portfolio and experience, with no guarentee.  The images I was working on today were for no one in particular, and a lot of them were not very good at all, which ended up being quite discouraging.
What am I working towards, a career in a field where technology changes at a very rapid rate.  A profession which is incredibly competitive and those with simple little pocket camera's who are willing to get published for "name credit" ruin the going rate for sales.
Then I attend an exhibit tonight which featured pieces of a very dear friend, Chad.  I love his work, and I'm sure I'm biased, but he is an inspriation, and it is wonderful to see a fellow photographer getting his work "out there".
Here is my image for today, it is an image which was taken at a club outing.  We did a Paint with Light night, and it is one of my favorites.  Thinking this was something relatively new until I was with someone who was doing cave photography, and I overheard him say, "I'm going to paint with light over here".  Of course, this has been around forever, not a new thing introduced to the photography world.  Just something which is relatively new to me.

No comments: